Creativity and New Media

Living in the era of New Media is very interesting because you can be as creative as you want and still get the message across. We use New Media to connect or to learn or for even work/internship. This online class in itself is an example of New Media because instead of having the traditional classroom lecture, we are able to do it from home or anywhere else. This makes this class very flexible and I think it fosters creativity by letting us think outside the box.

Another example of New Media and how it fosters creativity personally is social media and hashtags. I am currently interning at Emma Worldwide (marketing agency). I have been working on certain projects for many clients; one in particular would be China Southern Airlines. In order to create the presentations and engage and communicate with the client, I had the freedom to use hashtags. Before this internship, I had no idea hashtags can be used as a marketing tool and are an easy technique for getting popularity. Hashtags can be used and presented in a very interesting way so that thousands of others will share and repost the information. Although I can’t share the entire presentation for privacy reasons, I can share a snapshot of one of the slides and the hashtags that I used for it. I used hashtags that were popular, simple, and direct to the subject. Hashtags are also used in many social media platforms such as Twitter and Instagram. Using hashtags helps users follow the same topic/discussion and see all the posts that use them. I personally never thought I would be using hashtags as part of my work/career, but that's the beauty of New Media. :)




CSAir Presentation 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next New

P2P

Wiki so Far