Advice



New media should be used by all levels of education, especially colleges and universities. I think Baruch College has already started using new media to reach out to more students and potential candidates. To make it even better, I think each clubs should be very active on social media as well, be it Facebook or Instagram. Each clubs should have its link from the Baruch page so they can be easily found. I think I had a hard time finding out more about clubs when I first started college because I don't really pay attention to the flyers put around the school. I also appreciate the "Baruch Class of 20__" groups and I think advisors should start using it as well. We should be able to chat online with advisors when we need a question answered but don't have the time to make an appointment or wait. It would be nice if advisors met the students online as a must to make sure we are in the right track with our major and/or minor. I also think the tutoring center can be even more useful if they provided video conferencing a tutor when there is no tutors available to see in person. 


Comments

  1. Hey Mahmuda, I totally agree with what you've wrote above. I believe our college should be dedicated to improve their media options. I myself searched for clubs when I also first came to Baruch college, and wasn't able to gather sufficient info online, and had to go see the offices to collect more information. I also believe that if we would have an online tutoring center, that would be very useful for students as well. In addition, this online chat idea with advisors would be very helpful too. I guess that would save a lot of time for all students.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Next New

P2P

Wiki so Far